Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Re: Upgrade from 1.x to 3.x #1490

chandra ·
Hello Robin,

I am trying to upgrade the QB from 1.2.13 to 3.1.44 while that i got an error like below

F:\Program Files\quickbuild-3.1.44-windows-x86-32\bin>restore.bat F:\backup.xml
java version "1.5.0_15"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode, sharing)
=====================================================================
2011-06-28 15:03:42,660 INFO - Cleaning temp directory...
2011-06-28 15:03:43,878 INFO - Extracting backup file...
2011-06-28 15:03:43,878 INFO - Booting QuickBuild from 'F:\Program Files\quickb
uild-3.1.44-windows-x86-32'...
2011-06-28 15:03:43,878 INFO - Starting framework...
2011-06-28 15:03:46,050 INFO - Starting QuickBuild server...
2011-06-28 15:03:46,050 INFO - Starting IOC container...
2011-06-28 15:03:46,488 INFO - Migrating data in directory 'F:\Program Files\qu
ickbuild-3.1.44-windows-x86-32\restore\data'...
2011-06-28 15:03:46,675 INFO - Stopping QuickBuild server...
2011-06-28 15:03:47,378 INFO - Stopping task scheduler...
2011-06-28 15:03:47,378 INFO - QuickBuild server stopped.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundExcep
tion: File 'F:\Program Files\quickbuild-3.1.44-windows-x86-32\restore\data\Setti
ngs.xml' does not exist
at com.pmease.quickbuild.util.FileUtils.readFileAsString(FileUtils.java:
155)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.util.FileUtils.readFileAsDom(FileUtils.java:270
)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.migration.MainMigrator.migrate(MainMigrator.jav
a:50)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild.migrateData(Quickbuild.java:614)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.bootstrap.Restore$1.execute(Restore.java:65)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild.startServer(Quickbuild.java:265)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild.access$3(Quickbuild.java:249)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild$2.run(Quickbuild.java:162)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File 'F:\Program Files\quickbuild-3.1.
44-windows-x86-32\restore\data\Settings.xml' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openInputStream(FileUtils.java:137)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1102)

at com.pmease.quickbuild.util.FileUtils.readFileAsString(FileUtils.java:
153)
... 8 more
Press any key to continue . . .
  • replies 26
  • views 13206
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Chandra,

To upgrade 1.x to 3.x, below procedure has to be used:
http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB31/Upg ... kBuild+1.x

Regards
Robin
chandra ·
sorry robin my bad...i used restore.bat instead of migration.bat.....
chandra ·
Hello Robin,

i just follwing the link which u have sent but again i got an error like below

java version "1.5.0_15" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode, sharing) ===================================================================== 2011-06-29 15:15:52,184 INFO - Cleaning temp directory... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Directory 'F:\Program' do es not exist. at com.pmease.quickbuild.bootstrap.Migrate.main(Migrate.java:67)
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Chandra,

It seems that you've forget to quote params containing spaces. Try below:
migrate "c:\program files\path\to\QB1" (remember to generate backup.xml in QB1 directory before running this command)

Regards
Robin
chandra ·
Hello Robin,

Thank you very much for your help.

I need a suggestion from you robin regarding the migaration from 1.x to 3.x.
Right now we have QB1.2.13 we re planning for QB3.1.44. In the current environment QB1.2.13 used for build purpose i mean compilation and all the process and build kickoff will be done in server it self after that for the deployment we are using another build server QB1.2.13 as a agent. So, for the new environment we are thinking of suppurate build agents(based on the OS) and suppurate Deployment agents and the main server is just to checkout the source code and based on the OS it has to route the code for the build and later after build it has to push it into deployment agent based on the build number. but here i have few questions...

1) How to upgrade or migrate Current Deployment agent 1.2.13 to new Deployment agent 3.1.44..?
2)Do i need to setup complete new environment and take the backup of old Database and dump into new one, later migrate all the projects one by one into that..?
3)is their any communication between Build Agent and Deployment Agent we can create or QB server should be a point of contact to the Deployment Server..?
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Chandra,

I suggest to upgrade the QB 1.x instance used for compilation to 3.x. After upgrade, install your 3.x build agents and deployment agents, and then modify the upgraded configuration to match below workflow:
1. master step runs on server
2. checkout child step runs on server
3. build child step runs on desired agent and it picks up checkout code from server via input files, and send back built artifacts via output files
4. deploy child step runs on desired agent and it picks up build artifacts via input files.

Existing deployment logic at your 1.x deployment instance will not able to be migrated as the whole concept has been changed.

Hope this helps.
Robin
chandra ·
Hello Robin,

I am trying for migration here is the error i got...could you please help me out

2011-07-05 16:18:55,339 INFO - Importing configuration 'TMS/TTMS/TTMS_Inbound'...
2011-07-05 16:18:55,339 INFO - Importing configuration 'TMS/TTMS/TTMS_DRS'...
2011-07-05 16:18:55,354 INFO - Importing configuration 'TMS/Metrics/AWR'...
2011-07-05 16:18:55,354 INFO - Importing configuration 'TMS/SIMS/SIMSReports'...
2011-07-05 16:18:56,120 INFO - Updating configuration names and parents...
2011-07-05 16:18:56,604 INFO - Importing from data file 'PluginConfigs.xml'...
2011-07-05 16:18:56,745 INFO - Importing from data file 'Users.xml'...
2011-07-05 16:18:57,261 INFO - Stopping QuickBuild server...
2011-07-05 16:18:57,261 INFO - Stopping task scheduler...
2011-07-05 16:18:57,261 INFO - Closing session factory...
2011-07-05 16:18:57,276 INFO - QuickBuild server stopped.
Exception in thread "main" com.pmease.quickbuild.validation.ValidationException: not a well-formed email address (class:com.pmease
.quickbuild.model.User, property:email)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.web.component.editor.EditContext.validate(EditContext.java:165)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.web.component.editor.EditContext.validate(EditContext.java:128)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.util.BeanUtils.validate(BeanUtils.java:362)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.entitymanager.impl.DefaultDataManager.importData(DefaultDataManager.java:663)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild.importData(Quickbuild.java:610)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.bootstrap.Migrate$8.execute(Migrate.java:346)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild.startServer(Quickbuild.java:265)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild.access$3(Quickbuild.java:249)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.Quickbuild$2.run(Quickbuild.java:162)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Press any key to continue . . .
robinshen ADMIN ·
QB 3.x validates email addresses upon import. Please make sure email addresses of all users are correct or set to empty in 1.x before migration.
chandra ·
I didn't understand correct email addresses means, could you please explain it robin, because usually it ends with company domain name right for example....abc@google.com, something like that...!
and if i delete the users email addresses again we need to configure in 3.x manually ....?if we have a bulk of users its a tedious process right..?
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Chandra,

Yes, QB3 expects email to be of the format "a@b.c". There must exist some emails in QB1's backup.xml not conforming to this format. You may open the XML with text editor and do a search/replace.

Regards
Robin
chandra ·
Thanks Robin....

As you said before we can access the buildagent console by running the "agent.bat console" script or command, i did the same and tried to access through URL "http://localhost:8811" (because agent is on my localhost) but am getting "404 error"..why it is so, could you please help me out.

Error:

HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /. Reason:

ProxyServlet: /
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Chandra,

Build agent does not have GUI and can not be accessed this way. It is used by QB server to dispatch build jobs. When build agent is up and running, you should be able to see them in Grid tab of server UI. Then you can configure build steps to make use of these build agents.

Regards
Robin
chandra ·
Hello Robin,

How to do partial migration ..?means i want to copy only few projects in to my new QB Server..can i do that.?
robinshen ADMIN ·
I suggest to migrate the main QB 1.x server to 3.x. All configurations in this server will be brought to 3.x. Configurations reside on other QB 1.x servers can not be migrated to be on the same 3.x instance (you can of course migrate them to a separate 3.x instance just like you do for 1.x main server, but that means you will need to maintain multiple 3.x servers), and I suggest to tune your build workflow on migrated configurations to make sure of build agents instead of QuickBuild repository (which you use to distribute build to other 1.x instances).
chandra ·
Hello Robin,

I am getting an error when do a checkout from the clearcase to QB3.X
11:05:15,840 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] WARN - cleartool: Error: unable to set access control list for \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test: Access is denied.
11:05:15,840 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] WARN - cleartool: Error: protection on \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test is out-of-synch with identity.sd and groups.sd
11:05:15,840 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] WARN - cleartool: Error: Failed to set identity on view: Permission denied
11:05:15,855 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] WARN - cleartool: Error: unable to set access control list for \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test: Access is denied.
11:05:15,855 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] WARN - cleartool: Error: \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test: Permission denied
11:05:15,855 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] WARN - cleartool: Error: Unable to create view "\vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test".
11:05:15,965 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] INFO - Executing post-execute script...
11:05:15,965 [master>Check Out From ClearCase@VCTMSDASV25:8810] ERROR - Step 'master>Check Out From ClearCase' is failed.
com.pmease.quickbuild.QuickbuildException: Failed to run command: "D:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\ClearCase\bin\cleartool.exe" mkview -snapshot -tag qb-VCTMSDASV25-4 -stream eDest_rel1_Integration@\NGT_PVOB -vws \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test D:\TSCM\Test_QB3
Command return code: 1
Command error output: cleartool: Error: unable to set access control list for \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test: Access is denied.
cleartool: Error: protection on \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test is out-of-synch with identity.sd and groups.sd
cleartool: Error: Failed to set identity on view: Permission denied
cleartool: Error: unable to set access control list for \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test: Access is denied.
cleartool: Error: \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test: Permission denied
cleartool: Error: Unable to create view "\vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test".

I tried to creat the view with the same command i.e " mkview -snapshot -tag qb-VCTMSDASV25-4 -stream eDest_rel1_Integration@\NGT_PVOB -vws \vctmspasv14\ccstg_e\views\TMS\dev_test D:\TSCM\Test_QB3 " through CMD mode it's creating the view without any error ,but through quick build it shows up the error as above could you please help me out...!
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Chandra,

When creating the view from command line, are you running under the same user running QuickBuild process?

Regards
Robin
chandra ·
Yes, with the same user i have created through command mode and also i have created manually by using ClearCase GUI....!
robinshen ADMIN ·
Then please stop QB process, and start it directly as below from the command line where you've successfully created clearcase view:
bin/server.sh console (or server.bat if on Windows)
chandra ·
Thank you Robin...

I do have a question that if i run QB with "bin/server.bat console", i have to open the command window all the time, if i close it, the QB Server is also stops...and if i run the QB with "bin/server.bat start" it starts as a windows service but the "permission denied" error am getting while checkout from the Clearcase.so, to avoid that how should i run console as a windows service in XP...?
robinshen ADMIN ·
Please open QuickBuild service via Windows service manager to make sure that it is running under desired user who has the permission.
chandra ·
Hello Robin,

i am trying to run the checkout of source code with remote buildagent(which i have downloaded from grid of the server and installed on some other machine), am getting this error,could you please check this one for me..!!

11:06:12,703 [master>check out from Clearcase@VCTMSDASV25:8811] DEBUG - Executing command: "C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\ClearCase\bin\cleartool.exe" lsview -s
11:06:12,703 [master>check out from Clearcase@VCTMSDASV25:8811] DEBUG - Command working directory: C:\buildagent\bin
11:06:12,735 [master>check out from Clearcase@VCTMSDASV25:8811] INFO - Executing post-execute script...
11:06:12,735 [master>check out from Clearcase@VCTMSDASV25:8811] ERROR - Step 'master>check out from Clearcase' is failed.
com.pmease.quickbuild.QuickbuildException: CreateProcess: "C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\ClearCase\bin\cleartool.exe" lsview -s error=3
at com.pmease.quickbuild.execution.Commandline.execute(Commandline.java:268)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.execution.Commandline.execute(Commandline.java:204)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.plugin.scm.clearcase.NewSnapshotViewProvider.getView(NewSnapshotViewProvider.java:126)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.plugin.scm.clearcase.ClearCaseRepository.getView(ClearCaseRepository.java:106)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.plugin.scm.clearcase.ClearCaseRepository$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$98c48820.CGLIB$getView$26(<generated>)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.plugin.scm.clearcase.ClearCaseRepository$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$98c48820$$FastClassByCGLIB$$8c602a13.invoke(<generated>)
at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:215)
at com.pmease.quickbuild.DefaultScriptEngine$Interpolator.intercept(DefaultScriptEngine.java:273)

Thanks,
Chandra
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Chandra,

Are you sure the path ""C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\ClearCase\bin\cleartool.exe" exists on the agent? This command will be executed on the agent. If not, please different path to cleartool on different agent following below link:
http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB31/Wor ... +ClearCase

Regards
Robin
chandra ·
So, you mean that we need to install clearcase on Buildagent Host Machine too?
robinshen ADMIN ·
That is correct.
chandra ·
But the thing is i am trying to execute checkout step on main server and child step build on buildagent....i have a cleartool on both machines but different locations,then how should i configure both root paths of cleartools for a single project .?
robinshen ADMIN ·
You can either put cleartool on system path of both machines (then you no longer need to worry about cleartool paths, just leave it blank on clearcase plugin setting page), or follow below link to specify different cleartool path on different node:
http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB31/Wor ... +ClearCase