Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

How can i add a source code compare plugin? #1572

jerry_lee ·
Hi,

With quick build, there are modified files for each build. we can compare the latest modified version with the last one, but the compare tool is not so friendly. Can i add a plugin such as beyond compare instead of it? and how to add it? Thanks.
  • replies 4
  • views 2306
  • stars 0
steveluo ADMIN ·
Hi,
Currently, you are not able to write a plugin to replace the existed diff page. Please file a request in our tracker: track.pmease.com. Please illustrate more detailed about your requirement. I don't know what kind of compare you want, diff source code? diff directory? diff with previous revision? diff with a specified build?

We changed a little for diff page in QuickBuild 4.0, you can have a look at our live demo from below url:
http://demo.pmease.com/build/2811/scm_changes/by_file
jerry_lee ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to compare modified files with the last modified version more conveniently. The interface currently with quickbuild is not so convenient as the compare tool such as beyond compare. so i think if we can add a source code compare plugin instead of the current one.

From your reply, it seems that we can't add a source code compare plugin. right?
jerry_lee ·
Hi,

if we can't add a source code compare plugin instead of the current diff page, can we launch an exe program to compare the source code between the latest one and the previous one when we click the changed source code file link?
steveluo ADMIN ·
I add a feature request in the tracker:
http://track.pmease.com/browse/QB-1045

And an extension point will be added in QuickBuild 4.0, something like below:

public interface SourceDiffRenderer {
/**
* Rendering diff content to source diff page
* @param id the component id
* @param title
* @param sourceType
* @param revised source lines
* @param original source lines
* @return
*/
Component render(final String id, final String title, final String sourceType, final String[] revised, final String[] original);
}