Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Multiple builds runnning on 1 agent #1699

satyam ·
Hello,

I am using Quickbuild-4.0.20
I have created 4 nodes [ root->Quick->br1 , root->Quick->br2, root->Quick->br3 and root->Quick->br4 ]
I am running 2 buildagent.

Case 1:
I gave 4 builds [ 1 build for each branch br1 , br2 , br3 and br4 ]. Ideally 2 builds should be running and 2 should be in WAITING_NODE.
But problem is all the 4 builds is started, 2 build on each buildagent ???????? This is wrong .
How to solve this issue.

Case 2:
If say I give 4 builds for a single branch say br1 in this case 2 builds is running , 2 are in Queue. This is the correct behaviour. Same thing we want for Case 1 also.

Please reply, I need to solve this issue and request for licence.

Regards,
Satyam
  • replies 5
  • views 1986
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Satyam,

By default builds can take place all at once with load balancing (so you see four builds on two agents respectively). If you'd like to prevent other builds from running on the same agent if the agent is already occupied, please setup a grid resource with appropriate node and count, and configure master step to require that resource. For details, please refer to below tutorial:
http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB40/One ... +One+Agent

Regards
Robin
satyam ·
Hello Robin,

Thanks for the reply. Now only 1 build is running per agent.

But now there is another problem.
If I am giving multiple builds keeping same configuration then I get this message "Build request is ignored as there is an identical request in Queue".

How to solve this, as in my company many people are working at different locations so configuration can remain same.

Regards,
Satyam.
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Satyam,

QB will suppress identical build requests from the same user with the same build parameters. However build requests from different users will be treated as not identical.

Regards
Robin
satyam ·
Hello,

We are using shared id in our project.

Eg: team1/pwd.

Therefore even though multiple user will give requests but their ids will be same.

Is there a way or settings we can do such that same user can give multiple builds with same configuration, else we would not be able to use Quickbuild.

I remember that Quickbuild 3.1.23 had this feature.

Thanks,
Satyam
robinshen ADMIN ·
Hi Satyam,

I would recommend to set up different user account to trigger the build as this way you can also identify which build is triggered by which user.

Regards
Robin