Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Monitoring multiple repositories #2027

mrmrcoleman ·
Hello,

I'm considering installing Quickbuild at a new client but I want to check upfront whether or not one of our prerequisites is possible.

They have several SVN repositories and I would like to monitor them all, and then start a new build each time something changes in any of them.

Good Enough Solution

That Quickbuild monitors all the repositories and every time something changes in any of them, it gets the latest source from all, builds all in parallel and then packages the output of the various builds.

Best solution

That Quickbuild monitors all the repositories and every time something changes in any of them, it only builds the part coming from the repository in which the change occured and uses the existing build artefacts (from previous builds) from the other repositories.

Is any of the above possible?

Kind regards,

Mark
  • replies 2
  • views 1168
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
Yes this is possible by defining different configurations to monitor different repositories, and then chain artifacts of these configurations via dependencies. This way, QB will only build artifacts of changed repositories, and then rebuild all artifacts depending on changed artifacts. For details, please check the build dependency tutorial:
http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB40/Set ... Dependency
mrmrcoleman ·
Thanks Robin.