Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Edit description of a running build #2356

Productivity ·
Hello,

A small suggestion: could it be possible to add a description to a build that is currently being processed (i.e. with status RUNNING_BUILD)? Sometimes I am doing some tests on a configuration and I make some modifications to the configuration/build node environment before launching a build to test it out. In this scenario, I would like to note under what conditions the build was run ASAP instead of waiting until the build is finished (since it is most likely that I will forget to edit the description after the build is done).

Thanks!
  • replies 5
  • views 1825
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
This can be done by defining a variable say "buildDesc" and prompt for user input at build time. Then define the pre-build script to use that variable:
build.setDescription(vars.getValue("buildDesc"));
Productivity ·
Thanks for the solution, but I was hoping to have the "Edit description" button available on the dashboard for a running build, this way:

1. It is more consistent with the description edition behavior of completed builds.
2. The workflow for launching a build remains the same instead of prompting for user input in a new screen. The user won't have to see the prompt if he does not want to edit the build description.

Can I file a new feature/improvement request for that?
robinshen ADMIN ·
Yes please file an improvement request for that.
Productivity ·
robinshen ADMIN ·
Thanks, will try to get it solved in next patch release.