Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Mail Notification enhanced options #2417

nmanos ·
Hi,
We're looking for a way to send mail notifications on certain conditions, and in several mail templates.
For example send special mail alert, not in the default mail template, if configuration X has more than 5 failed builds in sequence.

Currently I'm using a script in the mail template that change the subject of the mail if condition is satisfied, but I saw there are built-in options to do it:

http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB50/Man ... scriptions
There I can define the email address, but I wonder if there's a way to define special condition, rather than choose from the dropdown box (build_failed, build_successful, etc.) ?

Also, why only one email address is allowed (although I can use an email alias to group of emails) ?

2nd option I saw in the "System Alert Plugin" - there I can set condition (and even check for consecutively of this condition), but it is missing the option to choose which configuration (and descendent configurations) to monitor, like in first option.

And last question, can we have several email notifications in the same configuration, each one for different mail alert ?

Thanks!
Noam.
  • replies 3
  • views 1243
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
The notification subscription is assumed to be used by users themselves to subscribe to interesting configurations and events, so it will only send to his/her own address. Also scripts are not permitted here to prevent users from inputting malicious scripts.

Instead the notifications setting is what you want, this setting locates in configuration setting menu, and there you can script your own conditions and choose whatever group/person you'd like to notify. As to different email template, it is still desirable to script in template itself, or you may create another configuration to use a different notification template and have that configuration monitor other configurations to send notifications on behalf of it.
bakerb ·
Along the same lines, is there a way to specify a default recipient, and then conditionally add more recipients?

For example, currently our builds only send an email to the user that triggered the build: <trigger>. Is it possible to include additional recipients if the build was a Scheduled build?
robinshen ADMIN ·
Yes this is possible, for instance, you may add a notification to include additional users and set notify condition to evaluate below script:
build.isScheduled()