Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Java IOException in Publish artifacts step #2443

Productivity ·
Hello,

I have a configuration that publishes artifacts at the end of the build through a "Publish > artifacts" build step. In the 3 builds I have done, I get the following exception when publishing all the files located in a folder:

Step 'master>Container>Publish artifacts' is failed: java.io.IOException: unexpected EOF with 8825 bytes unread. Occured at byte: 19740160

Do you have an idea why this occurs? I have similar configurations that build the same project (but on other platforms) and they do not have this issue.

I am using QB 5.0.25.

Thanks!
  • replies 3
  • views 2075
  • stars 0
Productivity ·
I found the issue: the build was made on Linux and for some reason, 1 of the files I wanted to publish did not have the read permissions for every user whereas every other file I attempted to publish before had it. I found this out when attempting to download all the generated artifacts directly from the Linux build agent and I got a "Permission denied" error on a specific file.

So I have a few improvements to suggest instead:
1) Could QB tell me that the problem is due to a permission issue?
2) Could QB pinpoint the exact file that has a problem and display it in the error log?

This would help QB users debug the issue when there is a complete folder with multiple files/subfolders to publish, like in my case.
robinshen ADMIN ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Created an improvement request for this at:
http://track.pmease.com/browse/QB-1750
robinshen ADMIN ·
I am trying to fix this but a simple test shows that QB is able to report the situation as permission denied and can locate the file. What I am testing is:
1. Run QB server on machine1.
2. Run QB agent on machine2 with Linux OS.
3. Create a folder and add some files with a certain file removing read permission for QB user.
4. Add a configuration with an artifact publish step which publishes the directory created in above step.
5. Run the configuration and it fails with message:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/robin/temp/dir/files/dir/b (Permission denied)

If convenient, can you please help to verify again at your side how to reproduce the issue you mentioned?