Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

How to use p4 clean #3027

tardis4500 ·
I see that QB-2166 "Able to utilize perforce clean command to clean up workspace" is available in 5.1.33. How do you use that functionality in QuickBuild?
  • replies 8
  • views 6402
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
This can be done by checking the option "Reconcile After Build" in advanced setting of Perforce repository definition.
tardis4500 ·
So this is a clean at the end of the build. What if you want a clean at the beginning? Normally it's nice to leave the build area after a build for debugging build issues. It's only important to have it clean when a build starts.
robinshen ADMIN ·
Yes that is reasonable. Please submit an improvement request at track.pmease.com
robinshen ADMIN ·
Will be implemented in QB6 as below:
http://track.pmease.com/browse/QB-2243
tardis4500 ·
When I check "Reconcile Before Build" and the agent runs on Windows everything works fine. But on Linux the Checkout step fails with

14:33:02,940 ERROR - Step 'master>Build all platforms>Build Platform?PLAT=Linux26x86_64>Get the project source' is failed: Failed to run command: /home/jsmith/bin/p4 -p <servername-redacted> -u p4admin -P ****** -c someclient clean
Command return code: 1
Command error output: Path '/home/jsmith/quickbuild/dev/buildagent/bin/...' is not under client's root '/home/jsmith/quickbuild/dev/buildagent/workspace/Builds/Tools/HAL'.
No file(s) to reconcile.
robinshen ADMIN ·
This is a bug and we will get it addressed in next patch release. Please watch below issue:
http://track.pmease.com/browse/QB-2343
drdt ·
Is there a chance we could get this similar capability for a git workspace?
Currently I am running a post-checkout step to run 'git clean -xdf -e .qbcache'
However, having this built in capability as it is for P4 would be very nice.
robinshen ADMIN ·
Yes, please go ahead to file an improvement request at track.pmease.com and we will get it covered.