Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Using resource to make exclusive builds #3056

eciu ·
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve situation when master build starts build of 2 following configurations (A and B). Problem is I need those 2 configurations to run on same machine one after another (simultaneously is not an option). I've tried to define one unit of specific resource on this machine and then create following configurations:

Configuration A
*some_step
*composition_sequentional_step(reuqiring resource YY)
[
some_step_123
some_step_144
]

Configuration B
*some_step
*composition_sequentional_step(reuqiring resource YY)
[
some_step_123
some_step_144
]

Unfortunetaly it doesn't work as both configurations seems to get into infitie loop of trying to request one resource (grid management says that one of those configurations is using it, but this same configuration says that it want and cannot access this resource). I've already read this tutorial http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB60/Exc ... Deployment but unforunetaly it uses a resource for only 1 step (i need steps 123 and 144 to be executed one after another with no other steps from other configurations to be executed in meantime).
  • replies 3
  • views 1249
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
How does the master build start configuration A and B? Is it done via trigger build step? Also do you mean that once A or B is running on specified agent, no any other configurations should be using that agent?
eciu ·
It's done via trigger build step. Other configurations are run on different nodes and it's not a problem (I'm using the specific node value to achieve it). I need those 2 configuration to be run one after another on specific agent/node.
robinshen ADMIN ·
If these two configurations are triggered via step "trigger another build", they will run one after another if these two steps are placed inside a sequential container.