Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Question for node selection #3155

youngkyu-kim ·
Hi robin

I have question for node selection.
QB is implemented that Node selection select a node which meets the condition in Master step.
It can not select the same node under the same configurations and It waits a node which meets the condition.
But, if I make two configurations as A and B, they(A and B) can select the same agent on the same time if node select condition is same.
When the configurations are different, if a agent is running (has a job), I want to make the running node cannot be selected.
I try to found running condition for node, but I cannot found.
Please provide a guide.
  • replies 4
  • views 1831
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
Builds from same configuration are not allowed to run on same agent concurrently as they will be using the same workspace to cause conflicts. However builds from different configurations can run on same agent as they will be using different workspaces. If you want to make sure agent run only one build in the same time across all configurations, you may add a resource and configure the master step of all involved configurations to use that resource. A detail explanation can be found here:
http://wiki.pmease.com/display/QB60/One ... +One+Agent
drdt ·
If I have two configurations that use the same workspace (because both are set to 'Use workspace directory of parent configuration'), can I expect them to not run on the same agent due to shared workspace?
robinshen ADMIN ·
They may run concurrently in this case unfortunately as QB only checks configuration id. QB does not check the actual workspace being used as it is difficult to assume if they are affecting with each other (assume the case if one workspace resides as sub folder under another).
drdt ·
Okay, thanks. I wrote a semaphore lock around the workspace to counter this, but I wanted to be sure that I wasn't encountering a bug.