Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

How to monitor mutiple configurations in the tray monitor #3640

rmondragon ·
Is there an effective way to monitor the status of multiple configurations in the tray monitor?

Basically the setup I want is the following:

I have Configuration A and Configuration B

If the latest build of both A and B are successful, then I want a green light. If the latest build of EITHER is failing, then I want a red light on the tray monitor.

This doesn't seem possible with the way the tray monitor currently functions, unless I'm missing something. If you monitor both builds, and keep all history in your tray monitor, and base your tray icon on all history, you'd be failing even if the latest are passing, as long as their are failures anywhere in your history. You could work around that by clearing your history once the latest builds are successful, but that pretty much eliminates the point of the tray monitor in general anyway.

Keeping a specific number of history and basing the tray monitor icon on that doesn't seem to work either, as you never really know what messages you'll have in your history. If I only keep the latest 2 notifications, then in my above example, what if I just have 2 messages for Configuration A? That doesn't really help me.

Any suggestions on how to set this up would be much appreciated.
  • replies 3
  • views 4307
  • stars 0
steveluo ADMIN ·
There is no way to report/show the status based on multiple configurations.

Is it possible to use a configuration C to wrap Configuration A and Configuration B in QuickBuild, and then in the monitor, you just need monitor configuration C as usually?
rmondragon ·
It's possible, but that would be very cumbersome for our team to implement and maintain. We likely have dozens of possible combinations that various teams need to monitor.

The easiest fix for this issue for us would basically be for the tray monitor to replace the build history for a given configuration with only the latest build, as opposed to all of them.
steveluo ADMIN ·
We can add an extra option so you can define how many builds to display for each configuration in the build history table. Please file a ticket in our issue tracker:

http://track.pmease.com