Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

java.lang.InterruptedException - On slow network #3682

nini10 ·
Hi,

We have very slow network and therefore many builds failed with "java.lang.InterruptedException" and many steps failed on "cancelled".
Is there any way to get handled with it, like: increase the timeout?

Thanks!
  • replies 10
  • views 1646
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
Please check your build and step timeout setting to make it longer.
nini10 ·
Both steps and builds timeout already set to '0' (meaning no timeout).
Are there any set of parameters could be controlled in config. file?
robinshen ADMIN ·
Are these failed builds scheduled on their own, or triggered by other builds. If by other builds, it is possible that the master build is cancelled/timed out to cause the child build cancelled consequently. Also check the audit log to see if there is someone external program cancel builds intentionally.
nini10 ·
Builds run by their own and it doesn't cancel by external program.
We know we have network issues and I want to minimal the effect of our builds.
nini10 ·
In addition to java.lang.InterruptedException we also have many builds failed on "Error testing job." and "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"
and I believe it related to network outage to the node. My question is - Is there any way to control of timeout connection between server and build node? Are there any other ideas how to handle with network issue?
robinshen ADMIN ·
Specifying a long read timeout does not help in many cases, as it can cause many connections ongoing to possibly block other jobs.
robinshen ADMIN ·
In QB7 we will have a easy retry mechanism for any step after specified cooling period (either leaf step or whole container step) hoping to solve some unstable issues like this.
nini10 ·
When QB7 will be available?
robinshen ADMIN ·
We originally planned to release it at Dec 31, 2016, but postponed to it to January, 2017 as we want to bring a lot of improvements to QB7.
nini10 ·
Thanks for information