Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Status of QuickbuildRespository of a specific build #3686

mart ·
Hi all,

I am using a QuickbuildRepository in one configuration and publish some files to it. This happens based on a condition, so sometimes you might publish to the QBRepository or not.

In a different configuration (the repository uses "specify a build version" based on a variable which is promoted from the previous configuration) I have a step that should be only executed if the repository was filled with data of the previous build (done via promotion). I saw that there is a isChanged() function on the repository itself. Question is whether I can rely on this function or whether this is a general function of the repo itself and is not connected with the build itself.
  • replies 2
  • views 579
  • stars 0
mart ·
As a workaround I can as well check for existence of file inside the build.artifactsDir but I would like to avoid doing that because I have as well other publish steps which publish stuff into a different sub directory. And just checking for existence of artifactsDir is not enough and would mean I have to put some knowledge about the subdir into the check
robinshen ADMIN ·
I guess you are writing files to publish directory of same build, and another configuration uses files of that particular build via QuickBuild repository? If so, it is not suggested, as published files of a certain build should remain unchanged. If you have new files, you may publish to a new build, and then configure QuickBuild repository to use the "latest build". That way, the isChanged() method will work as it only detects new version connected to the QuickBuild repository.