Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

QB-2875: Enhancement: New agent/node variable prompt #3692

scastria ·
I added QB-2875:

Please add a new variable prompt type like, "prompt as agent/node picker" so that I can add a variable prompt in a promotion to allow the user to choose which build agent to run the promotion on. I use this for when I use QB to deploy a server build onto a server. I install a build agent on the server and then have it run the promotion step which installs the server build. So the user can just drop down the selection and choose from all the build agents to run the master step of the promotion configuration.

An added feature in this new variable prompt is to fill up the agent/node picker list with only agents that meet some criteria. Like maybe I have 30 build agents but only 2 are actual servers that can be deployed to. I would want the agent/node pick list during promotion to only give the user a choice of those 2 build agents, not all 30.
  • replies 2
  • views 767
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
It is already possible now with some scripting for the prompt as selection box variable: iterate over available build agents matching your criteria and return the address as part of the selection
scastria ·
Good point! Thanks.