Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

send info from remote QB back to triggering QB #3699

goydex ·
I am using "Trigger Other Builds" to trigger a build on a remote QB instance, using the 'Server' sub-option. What I want us to display the build.version number of the remotely triggered build, or the build ID, so I can include the URL of it in the notification email sent from the home QB instance.

I see that I can over-write variable values and the values appear in the variables of the remote build, but how can I send something back? (or get the build info/link).

We're running QB 6.x.

Thanks.
  • replies 2
  • views 670
  • stars 1
robinshen ADMIN ·
Communication between different QB instances is limited and unfortunately this is not doable. A workaround is to have remote QB publishing necessary information as artifacts, and at the triggering QB instance, define a QuickBuild repository pointing to remote QB configuration, and add a checkout step to retrieve those artifacts for doing something.
goydex ·
[quote="robinshen"]Communication between different QB instances is limited and unfortunately this is not doable. A workaround is to have remote QB publishing necessary information as artifacts, and at the triggering QB instance, define a QuickBuild repository pointing to remote QB configuration, and add a checkout step to retrieve those artifacts for doing something.[/quote]

This is an interesting idea, we might use this in the future. For now, we pushed a variable label value which we will version the remote build with, then use the REST API to get the build ID and form the URL. Thanks