Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Can I share a workspace/repository between 2 configurations #3718

benprim ·
Is it possible to share a worksapce beteen to configuration ?
So when checkout operations are done on the disctinct configuration it's doesn't refresh the workspace from scratch ?

Thanks !
  • replies 5
  • views 683
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
It should be fine as long as you make sure that involved configurations do not run in the same time.
benprim ·
Great thanks Robin
benprim ·
Robin I tried it but looks like i'm seeing something odd :

What I usually do in a configuration :
- Have a chekout step
- Trigger a different configuration that builds a specific product with the same node

Usually it works fine, but in this context the triggered build (which doesn't have any repository step)
displays this error :

10:29:22,053 INFO  - Getting changes of '********' since build '46500'...
10:29:22,059 INFO - Updating client spec of 'qb-********'...
10:29:22,157 WARN - Client 'qb-********' has files opened; use -f to force switch.
10:29:22,263 INFO - Executing post-execute action...
10:29:22,263 ERROR - Step 'master' is failed: Failed to run command: p4 -p XXXXXX -u bin-mtp -P ****** -c qb-******** client -i

(by the way the perforce doesn't have any file opened)
robinshen ADMIN ·
This is odd. Please disable change recording in advanced setting of the triggered configuration to see if the issue still happens.
benprim ·
Thanks Robin, your suggestion made me realised this configuration had a "Snapshot taking" script defined... and it was not handled properly in this context