Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

QB2B9: User management bug #651

scastria ·
When I try to add an existing user to a group:

1. click the userid in the user management tab to bring up his profile
2. I see that both password fields are filled in
3. I select the group on the left I want to move to the right
4. the first password field blanks out preventing me from saving my changes as it complains that the password is not filled
5. I do not know that user's password so I am stuck
  • replies 10
  • views 2924
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
Are you experience this bug everytime you follow this procedure? Is this only for Safari windows?
scastria ·
everytime with firefox 3.5. I am not using safari anymore
robinshen ADMIN ·
Strange. I am using FF 3.5 also but have never seen this issue. Is it on Windows? And can you tell what FF plugins you've installed?
scastria ·
Yes, windows. I haven't installed any plugins that I know of. Maybe flash.

If I open up the user's page and just simply click in the first password field, it blanks out. However, if I simply click in the second password field, it does NOT blank out.
robinshen ADMIN ·
We previously did blanked out the password field, however we removed that behavior since beta7. Does it behaviors the same if you clean cache of the browser? And how about test with Internet Explorer?
robinshen ADMIN ·
I finally get this reproduced! This relates to "remember password" functionality of firefox. To get around it, please open your firefox to select menu item "tools->option", switch to "security" tab of the popup window, and uncheck the "remember site password" option (or you may add an exception for QuickBuild in the exception list).

In the sametime, I will continue to investigate why QuickBuild is not friendly to "remember password" functionality.
erase909 ·
thanks for the solution.. i had this issue in ie6.
scastria ·
QB2 was already listed as an exception so apparently that doesn't work. I will try turning off the feature completely.
robinshen ADMIN ·
You will also need to remove the already remembered password of QB from firefox password manager. In QB 2.0.0 (dated 2009-09-23 06:52:39) we've fixed this issue by adding "autocomplete=off" to all password fields. The 2.0.0 also adds enhancements you requested, such as randomize selection of nodes of same load, scriptable "waiting for finish" property. Please refer to the release notes for details: http://wiki.pmease.com/display/qb2/2.0.0

Also you may download source code of 2.0.0 now by login to our web site if your service is not expired.
paulfinn31 ·
[quote="robinshine"]You will also need to remove the already remembered password of QB from firefox password manager. In QB 2.0.0 (dated 2009-09-23 06:52:39) we've fixed this issue by adding "autocomplete=off" to all password fields. The 2.0.0 also adds enhancements you requested, such as randomize selection of nodes of same load, scriptable "waiting for finish" property. Please refer to the release notes for details: http://wiki.pmease.com/display/qb2/2.0.0

Also you may download source code of 2.0.0 now by login to our web site if your service is not expired.[/quote]

Thank you for your solution been getting the same bug with FF 3.5.This has been a great help.