Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

Artifacts -v- File System Repository #726

kchristenson ·
I have a build, A, that just pulls JARs that I use in a number of other builds. I don't want the other builds to run if A is still pulling files, and I don't want A to trigger anything.
Can I prevent the other builds from running with the line below as the Execute Condition?

(current.parent==null || !current.parent.anyChildFailed) &&!system.getConfigurationManager().get("root/Common_Libraries").getStep("master").isRunning()

Also, should I publish the JARs as Artifacts of A or can I just grab them from the A workspace using a File System Repository?
  • replies 5
  • views 1730
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·
Accessing workspace of one configuration from another configuration is not safe if both configurations can be triggered independently.

In QuickBuild, the standard way of using files from one build in another build is through dependency:
1. publish the files as artifacts in one build.
2. in another build, define a QuickBuild repository to pull published artifacts from desired build.

For more details of build dependency, please refer to:
http://wiki.pmease.com/display/qb2/Set+ ... Dependency
kchristenson ·
What is the recommended script-able way to remove the files in a dependency repository once they are no longer necessary?

Thanks.
kchristenson ·
I'm having a problem pulling the artifacts from the root/component to the root/product. In my set up the component is called Common_Libraries, and the product is called WICUPC. From the log it looks like the repository checkout step is looking in the root/product for the component artifacts.
Log exceprt:
11:16:15,0 [dependency on Common_Libraries@kchristenson620:8810] INFO - Waiting for finish of dependency build (configuration: root/Common_Libraries, build id: 514)
11:16:15,0 [dependency on Common_Libraries@kchristenson620:8810] ERROR - Step 'dependency on Common_Libraries' is failed.
C:\qb_globalstorage\root\WICUPC\builds\514\artifacts not found.

I am using QB 2.0.5.
robinshen ADMIN ·
Please send backup of your database to [robin AT pmease DOT com], and I will check what might be wrong there.
kchristenson ·
Thanks. It is working now. The current -v- configuration objects differences were confusing.