Your browser was unable to load all of the resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.
Press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R to have your browser try again.

What purpose of "launchdata" when launching node? #4382

kienbui1995 ·

I am going to implement a plugin to connect to a private cloud.
But I didn't use this value while launching node. Testing cloud profile, trigger build with cloud profile still work well.

• replies 6
  • views 883
  • stars 0
robinshen ADMIN ·

This value is used to associate the launched agent with the initial request (the testLaunch request for instance). At launch time, QB creates a random token to be enclosed in the launchdata, and later, when agent initializes, it will call NodeCloud.getLaunchData to get back that data and send to QB server. Check NodeCloud class in EC2 plugin for an example.

robinshen ADMIN ·

Should be EC2NodeCloud class instead

kienbui1995 ·

@robinshen Thank you for your explain

Strange. I didn't use "launchdata" parameter when doing "launchnode". And the new node from the instantiated VM can still connect to the master and belong to the cloud profile that requested it
precisely because of that, I'm worried it will fail under certain exceptions beyond my control

robinshen ADMIN ·

Maybe because you already build a token into the launched agent. With launchData you do not need to assign token and launchData itself can serve as authentication purpose.

robinshen ADMIN ·

It will also has other problems such as profile testing can not associate launched node with request and the testing will never end etc.

kienbui1995 ·

You mean that lauchData must be used.
Because there is not any API to send launchData to a new node.
So, I am thinking to save to get/set launchdata to node's name.
Do you have any idea/solution?